Forum Title: Shower fixture
I am installing a new fixture in the shower. For the shower head there is a piece of chromed, bent pipe threaded on both ends. One end attaches to the shower head, the other end to the flex line coming up from the faucet assembly. There is no apparent way to secure the shower head pipe to the shower wall. How is this done? Glenn
Category: Plumber Post By: LORETTA BECK (Boise City, ID), 04/27/2017

I took out the old,two faucet fixture and installed a new one faucet fixture. Used flex hoses and plunge (Shark) fittings where needed. I used to always do sweated fittings but the new stuff is so much easier. The back side of the shower stall is open with studs available to connect to. Not sure what a wingell is but will look it up. Also will stop at the hardware store today and see what they suggest. Thanks for the replies. Glenn

- O. Kheir (Brockton, MA), 09/09/2017

A framing member attached to the studs. with a wingell attached to that.

- FRANCES PHILLIPS (North Lauderdale, FL), 09/20/2017

Normally there is a fitting inside the wall that the shower arm ( bent chrome pipe) screws into. What do you mean by new fixture. A complete valve assembly. Is the wall finished or just open studs What was there before? Post a picture.

- BRENT CALDWELL (Mountain View, CA), 10/03/2017

For Homeowners & Businesses - Helpful Links, Reviews, Ratings, Consumer Guide

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-880-2779